Eliot and Bret

Eliot and Bret have been together from the start.  They are more like brother and sister than cousins, or just two old people hanging out together.


DSCN8906

2nd grade.  Bret is the top row next to the teacher and Eliot is right below the teacher.




Eliot meets Bret

Bret coming to the US from China at 4 1/2 y.o. They were at the airport meeting for the first time.  I was nervous adopting a 4 1/2 y.o. because I had never adopted one that old before, and I was wondering how I would bond.  As God as my witness,  Bret melted my heart in the first few moments.  Still today it is really hard to get very mad at Bret.  I think she is just good at "working it."  Everyone loves Bret.    


IMG_0003

Bret was burned really bad before we got her.  I think she pulled a big pot of something scalding hot off on herself when she was a baby or toddler.  Here is a link to just some of the surgeries she has gone through:  

http://sammynmick.blogspot.com/2013/05/bret.html

DSCN8743

DSCN8751


DSCN8750

DSCN8783