DSCN0018


Cokie is no stranger to pain. She has had surgery after surgery in both China and the U.S. 

I've decided to post Cokie's story over the next few days.  It was written by a Chinese reporter while Cokie was still in China.  Cokie's story is a true miracle--not only because of the fact she survived, but how we were able to adopt her, and how she takes it all in stride.  Despite all she has gone through, she never complains or wants any special treatment.   None.   She is smart, sweet, strong and a fun little girl.  The book was written in Chinese, but was translated to English by a German woman, Suzanne Bettina, as a gift to our family.   I'm sure she went to the trouble mostly because she wanted Cokie to have it.  The same lady was responsible for getting Cokie several surgeries in China and for helping get her papers ready for adoption, so we could adopt her.  I ended up naming Cokie's middle name after her-- Cokie Wei Bettina.

DSCN0027



DSCN0022



DSCN0021



DSCN0023


  DSCN0026






cokieinchina

After many surgeries,  Cokie for the first time, was put in the orphanage.  And, this was the first time I saw her.  I took this picture myself while we there adopting Lyric.  I kissed Cokie right there and then, and with a slight smile on my face, I whispered in her ear, "Don't worry I'll be back."  Don't ask me how I knew, but God gave me something that day - He gave me faith.

So that [the genuineness] of your faith may be tested, [your faith] which is infinitely more precious than the perishable gold which is tested and purified by fire. [This proving of your faith is intended] to redound to [your] praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) is revealed.

1 Peter 1:7 

I can only copy and paste a little of her story each day.