Meditate on the scripture






DSCN7334


Friday night, my sister Becki and I went to hear Joyce Meyer speak at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.  We got to hear Phil Wickham sing live too.  Joyce Meyer was a great speaker, maybe even life changing. 


DSCN7331


She challenged everyone to meditate on the scripture, and not just read it.  She explained that the Bible repeatedly uses the word "meditate" and challenged us to meditate on the Bible 30 minutes a day for 30 days.  She said she is sure half the crowd there, and the Field House was packed, may read the Bible, but they do not mediate on the scripture.  I'm afraid I fall into the wrong half.   She also talked a lot about praying.


DSCN7377


Wouldn't you know it!  We go to church Sunday and the entire sermon was on how to pray!  It was a great sermon.  Becki and I both know God was speaking to us!!  After the sermon Becki said, "We get it God!"


DSCN7372


Becki after church.


DSCN7369


Lael and my friend of over 30 years.


DSCN7366


DSCN7373


DSCN7327


I've blogged about this before--Cokie's picture is in two ads at the Fieldhouse (home of the Indiana Pacers).  So whenever I go to an event there, I always stop and check it out. Here Becki and I are in front of Cokie's picture on the wall right before you walk in the main entrance.   She has another one on the second level.


DSCN7328