Sunday's Sermon



Some people always know they will have kids, but don't really think about it much until they actually do.  Some people don't plan having kids, but then they do. A very few though are dreaming of it from as far back as they can remember. I was one of those people. I didn't even like Barbie, because I just wanted to play with baby dolls. I remember being 5 years old playing house. I always had to have a dress on when I played house or it just didn't feel right. So, when I ended up having fertility problems I couldn't figure out what the heck God was doing to me! I cried many years, but when God said the time was right oh man did he give me children! Even when the doctor told me he knew what my fertility problem was I was no longer interested having kids that way (i.e., biologically).  By then I had adopted two kids and had plans of going to China.  Mike never cared about having biological kids either.  He told me to make up my mind--either go to China or do more infertility treatments, but we couldn't afford both.  He made it clear he wasn't spending one more dime on treatments if I wanted to adopt again. The doctor thought I was nuts, because he thought he knew the problem and it was a cheap fix, but I was China bound. My sisters both have biological kids, but later decided China was for them too. Actually, my oldest sister didn't feel that way at first, but her husband did and after their first biological daughter they adopted 5 girls from China.

DSCN3128 God's plan is always best. Going to China was one of the most exciting things I had ever done in my life. It was 1998 and China had not been open to the free world that long. It was like being on a different planet back then. It is still that way somewhat, but nothing like back then.

DSCN3129
Lael was our first family member from China. She was 3 y.o. when we got her. My two sisters and I will have 18 kids from China soon, since Mike and I will be leaving for China in a few weeks. Plus Mike and I adopted our first from the U.S. and one from Colombia, South America.

DSCN3127
So, what does all this have to do with Sunday's sermon? Just that most parents want what is the very best for their child. What is the very best for your child is what God wants for them.

DSCN3189
So, Sunday's sermon came with a warning given the Sunday before. Our preacher said he was going to be very frank on the topic and it was up to us if we wanted our kids in the sermon or not.

This was the outline. I have to say I've never seen a sermon outline like it! And I've been going to church my ENTIRE life. My Mom has two brothers that graduated from seminary school and are preachers. I was raised in a very conservative strict church. The one I'm raising mine in isn't. They do go strictly by the Bible though. The preacher used a lot of words that were not on this outline. Words that I don't exactly use, but words that pertained to the sermon--words that pertain to sin.

070713 sermon outline






DSCN3188
DSCN3185

DSCN3184
This was taken after church and we had gone to dinner. Yeah, these guys heard the sermon on S-E-X.
DSCN3153
OK, this was before church.

DSCN3164
My niece Darby was not in "the" service.  She and the younger kids were in junior church which was probably just as well. : - ) Did I mention he said some words I don't even use. : - ) But hey, if the school can teach sex and Disney can indoctrinate our kids to believe lies (if you haven't heard) then I guess the church darn better preach the truth, because I can tell you right now I do not approve of Disney's version of modern families. It is a sad, sad day that I'm going to have to ban my kids from watching Disney.

DSCN3166

DSCN3168

DSCN3178
DSCN3176

Diana
This is my friend. She has been friends with Mike and me for over 30 years. I love her so much. Recently she has been going to church with me and was in "the" service. She happened to be sitting between my sister and me.

DSCN2839
And this is Sawyer in the middle (the only pic I could find of him right now). Sawyer is going to be in 6th grade this year. When I take him to the pool it is clear the girls like him! The minute we walk in I start to hear "Sawyer" and see the little girls waving. So, Sunday in church I think Sawyer had arranged to have a little girl sit by him. The first thing I know my sister has Sawyer take her seat by Diana and my sister goes and sits by the little girl. OK, enough of that. LOL

This book of the Bible was not part of "the" service, but "I" think it should have been. So, if you want to know what the Bible says is acceptable sex and what is not, here you go!! You can take your queue from the Bible or you can take it from Disney, but if your kids are watching Disney (or most anything else on TV) you can guess what they're being told is the truth--and it's a lie!


Leviticus 18
Unlawful Sexual Relations 18 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord. 6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.
7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.
8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.
9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.
10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.
11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.
12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.
13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.
14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.
15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.
16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.
17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.
18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.
19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.
20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.
21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you. 29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”