More Newport homes


To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Acts 26:18
DSCN3763
You can see by the trash cans real people live here. The cars, electrical lines, etc. take away from the "moment" when you are walking through these wonderful neighborhoods. Look up at the two chimneys. Back when these houses were built, they really needed them!
DSCN3762

Notice the steeple in the background.
DSCN3758
DSCN3759

DSCN3744

DSCN3742
Look how the house is shingled on the side. It is because of all the salt in the air.  I was told the salt is really hard on the houses and the cars. One lady that was raised in nearby Jamestown said it will rust out your car within four years. She said her mother always keeps her car in the garage. This lady told me growing up she took the ferry to school every day. Wouldn't that be a childhood memory!! She went on to say yuppies and old people now live in Jamestown. She told me "I hate yuppies. They are weird. I would rather live by hippies!!" I guess I can understand that even though I don't live by either. LOL
DSCN3746
I can only imagine how expensive these homes are. Not only are they full of history, but this is an island surrounded by the ocean. Newport is beautiful.
DSCN3751

DSCN3776

DSCN3777

DSCN3778

DSCN3779

DSCN3754

DSCN3753
It seems like half the homes have three stories (as in levels).  As old as they are, I can't imagine how many stories, as in tales, the walls of these houses could tell you.
DSCN3756

DSCN3755

DSCN3719
This looks like a house that a captain of a boat should live in.  I suppose as many boats are in the harbor, there is a good chance one does.
DSCN3722
Far off in the distance you can see two helicopters.  We were told some of the helicopters we saw gave rides to tourists, but I wonder if others we saw were the coast guard. You can also see a big church steeple. Newport has several beautiful historic churches. You could see their steeples all over town and they were gorgeous!
DSCN3715
Right next door to the captain's house was this "busy" place.
DSCN3715
Must have caught my eye though, because I took a picture of it. And I guess if your house is going to be busy, there is no better way to busy it up than with American flags.  Notice the one in the top middle has 13 stars.
DSCN3720

DSCN3730

DSCN3728

DSCN3727

DSCN3726
More helicopters here flying along the coast line.

DSCN3725

DSCN3718
Arden was thrilled to be walking around just looking at old, old houses--NOT! She perked up when Mike took her sailing. Actually, Mike thought she was more fun than me too.

DSCN3717
Arden is a lifeguard and you can see her farmer's tan.
DSCN3716

DSCN3713
OK, enough houses for now, but notice again the three layers of windows.
DSCN3352
Arden got more than a little spoiled on this trip, but coming from a family that will soon have 12 kids, I guess that is OK.

DSCN3351
One of the teachers that came to Lael's open house this June said she tells all the new teachers if they decide to have children then don't just have one or two. She said, "The children and the parents get too spoiled."

DSCN3350
This was mine and I have to admit I would be a total brat if I were not sharing my life with the rest of this family!
DSCN3349