DSCN3161

We went out to dinner at Stone Creek with this adorable family the other day. They moved here from China not too long ago. She was missing being home for Chinese New Year. I felt for her. She said during CNY they like to dress their kids in red. I never knew that.

DSCN3162

Their baby girl would not stop smiling and laughing at us. She wouldn't let me hold her though! She was precious.


DSCN3156

OK, she said she can't tell my sister and me apart on my blog.



DSCN3155

I love this picture of Becki and Bret.



DSCN3157

Becki is the picky, picky, picky one!




DSCN3160


Shepard was mad here, because I told him he had to speak Chinese with our guests. Then, he says "Well, you like the other kids better than me." Oh, shut up Shepard.



We have friends who live in China. Actually, if you hear me talk all the time about Li Mei, Arden's best friend from China, this Li Mei's family. We were able to have dinner with them the last time we were there. They had a Chinese cook, and the dinner was WONDERFUL!! I wanted to share what Li Mei's mom wrote about Chinese New Year. I thought it was really interesting.


CHRISTMAS 2011-1




Xīn Nián Kuài Lè! Happy New Year!

We are in the middle of a very quiet celebration for the Allens! Most people have left our city, headed to their respective homes, to celebrate this MOST IMPORTANT holiday for China. The streets are empty, the sidewalks are empty .....and our house is empty....with the exception of three beautiful children who call us Mom and Dad. It is quite a strange feeling to be in China and things be so quiet.....but we are good with this 'strange feeling'! It actually means a time of rest and catching up for us. With the exception of our Sunday service EVERYTHING has been put on hold! There are very few stores that stay open this week. The buses are empty (compared with standing room only, usually). Drinking water will not be delivered again until the 26th. Chinese New Year is QUITE the celebration! ....the only time most people will have the privilege of returning home until next year at this time. And, while we are experiencing much quiet right now, the exact opposite is true as the people hasten out of town! STANDING ROOM ONLY EVERYWHERE!! Utter chaos and confusion suddenly becomes stillness and quiet. Nice....real nice. And, we can't wait for our people to return!