Our 2012 New Year Resolutions



DSCN2642

We ate Chinese NY eve. Mike told the kids to make two Resolutions. One for them and one for God. So in no particular order here's how it went--and I want to say we didn't tell any of them what to say or even give them any ideas.



DSCN2694


Stafan

Be friendlier to a new guy at school. That one impressed me, because Stafan is a very sincere kid.

Pray before I eat at school and not care what the other kids think.
Stafan was already praying, but I'm thinking Tim Tebow gave him that "I don't care what people think" idea.



DSCN0512

Lyric


Stop losing things (not surprising since this was the first and the last time she wore this Christmas hat).

Tell more people at school about Jesus.




DSCN0526

Cokie

Do good on my ISTEPS

Tell friends about Jesus (I'm thinking she got lazy and copied off Lyric on the last part
).

DSCN2535

Shepard

Not push people in the lunch line. OK, he was being totally serious. But I had to burst out laughing when he said it, because Shepard can get ticked if he feels he is being done wrong.


Learn about God.





DSCN2588

Remi

Do better in Social Studies (She's making As in math, but not in SS : - ))

Learn more about God. Remember Remi has only been here 18 months. Mike asked her the other day, "Remi what makes God holy," and she answered, "Sin." : - )) Me: "Told you she didn't get it."


DSCN2635

Bret

Do good on ISTEP

Ask people about their troubles.



DSCN2600

Arden

Get a job


Stand up more for God when people talk about Him.



DSCN2718

Lael

Trust God more with my future (She said her's was a two in one).



DSCN2605

Mike

Lose weight (no way am I going to tell how much, but Cokie said, "Whooaa!").
Be a better spiritual leader with my family and spend more time studying the Bible with them.






DSCN0168

First off this is the only recent picture I have of myself.

Lose weight and get fit. (I'm not telling how much either, but at my age the bar is not that high).

Witness more (Being raised Baptist that isn't that easy for me. I tend to get straight to the point. I'm kind of like... Are you stupid or something?! Jesus is real)!


We attend church at http://plainfieldchristian.com/

Our preacher is really, really good. Today he preached on Matthew 17: 1- 9 and his points were:

FOCUSING ON JESUS TRANSFORMS YOU FROM AN ADMIRER TO A WORSHIPER

FOCUSING ON JESUS TRANSFORMS YOU FROM A BELIEVER TO AN EVANGELIST

FOCUSING ON JESUS TRANSFORMS YOU FROM A FOLLOWER TO A DISCIPLE