Back in Guangzhou...

IMG_4314

By this time the girls wanted American food.  Arden was saying things like, "How do they eat the same thing all the time."  And, "there are too many people here."  

Neither girls were feeling the connection to China, and they both wanted to get back to the U.S.  Of course, it was a fabulous trip, but if they were supposed to feel a draw to China, it didn't happen.  I bet Arden she would cry when she got to China or the orphanage or somewhere.  I lost that bet, but I was right about one thing.  I also told Arden before we left home that I didn't think even she realized how American she had become.



Arden had to do most of the ordering for us.  We all got a kick out of this cute little waitress in a Guangzhou Pizza Hut.  I think she secretly liked being Arden's co-star in the videos above and below.  Don't mind my coughing and watering eyes.  I was just getting my voice back after not being able to talk for three days.


 

IMG_4315

Lael didn't cry in China either.  Not at her orphanage or at her abandonment sight.  However, she did cry when we got home.   She cried reading my blog post about visiting her abandonment sight.  Didn't you Lael?  : - )

IMG_4318

We only got rained on twice.  Both times in Guangzhou.  The first time before we left for Wuhan, and the second time after we got back to Guangzhou.  Both times were hard rains.  It is amazing how quickly people appear on the street selling umbrellas.  I think we paid about $3 (US dollars) apiece for umbrellas.  Trust me, that is all they were worth.  But they did keep us dry during the rain.

IMG_4319


IMG_4321

The trip was amazing... at least for me.  I'll always feel blessed I was able to spend this time in China with Mike, Lael and Arden. 

IMG_4322


IMG_4323



IMG_4324


IMG_4327



IMG_4329


IMG_4330



IMG_4331


IMG_4332


IMG_4337


IMG_4335




IMG_4333

IMG_4339


IMG_4338