No Stupid Questions

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are stupid answers.

Mike decided to make this vacation memorable in a way only a man can.   He decided to come up with several activities to make it "fun" for the kids.   One was tug of war.  I think only about two kids actually wanted to have a tug of war and Mike was one of them.  So they tugged and when it was over some of the kids looked like they had been through a war!!  

I asked Mike what I thought was a reasonable question.  "Can't they get hurt doing that?"  Mike answered me like I had just asked the lamest question ever!  Then, he assured me it was just an innocent game.  Then he made all the kids come out to play his innocent game. 

DSCN0047


This was Lain almost in tears from the rope burn around her waist.  Lucky for Mike she is respectful to her Uncle. 




DSCN0045

After losing her grip (and her shoes) Remi went tumbling down the hill.  She was as mad as Lain.  I'll admit, though, she may have rolled over a few too many times.  She might have been over acting a little.  : - )


DSCN0043

Arden didn't complain any, but about two days later she showed us her black and blue thumb.  I just realized all the victims were on the losing team.  Hmm... I guess you can't say they didn't try!!

DSCN0046

As far as I know Cokie came through unscathed. 

DSCN0041

I even told the losers to switch sides to make sure that they didn't have an unfair disadvantage-they didn't- they were just losers.  

DSCN0042

The winning team.  No one wanted poor Little Jo Boone on their team, but in the end he felt like he was the winner. 

DSCN0044

DSCN9681

This was before the brutal game and they were all still happy.  Bret was on the winning team so she stayed happy.

DSCN9679

DSCN0050

Our cabin.  I'm a hotel person, but Mike and the kids loved it.  It had four bedrooms, four baths, a kitchen and a living room, but I would have been happier on the strip crammed into a couple hotel rooms!!

DSCN9764
 
They were all playing pool and Cokie looked out the window and saw wild turkeys in the front yard.  We also had bees, ants and spiders... inside.  I was creeped out.  Just put me in town with the Zombie. 

DSCN9683

DSCN9682

We were at the bottom of a mountain and it was on a very steep, steep hill.   

DSCN9612

This is why the kids liked the cabin. 

DSCN9605

DSCN9597

DSCN9593

DSCN9592

DSCN9602

DSCN9601


DSCN9600



DSCN9607

DSCN9596

DSCN9594