Father's Day


Bret made this pretty picture for her Dad.  Mike bought himself a new tent for Father's Day and is fired up to go camping with the kids, so I suspect that was her inspiration.  On the back she wrote this really cool quote.

"A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way."

DSCN0063

This is what Remi and Cokie made their Dad.

DSCN0059

Cokie doesn't look near as happy as her Dad.  You'll understand in a minute.

DSCN0060

DSCN0067

DSCN0064

Remi and Cokie put little notes to their Dad inside the jar.  They are all really sweet, but the one in the middle is telling.  Remi wrote it.  I've blogged before about some of the abuse she suffered before we got her.  I think it is safe to say neither Mike or I have been through hardships anything close to what our kids  experienced as orphans.  But hopefully the fact Remi wrote the note below means some of those memories for her are fading.



DSCN0057

OK.  Why does Cokie look like she is ready to cry?  Fortunately for Mike, it isn't because she didn't want to have her picture taken with him on Father's Day.  Here it is.  You know how occasionally your kid says their sick, but you're not sure if they are faking to get out of something?  Well, in church Cokie said she needed to go to the bathroom.  OK, I was raised old, old school.  My Mom taught us if you have "to go," you go before church starts; otherwise, you might just pee your pants.

I'm not near as strict as my Mom was, but I do find myself following some of her rules, including that one.

DSCN0056

Oops... 

DSCN0010

In my defense,  "the four" just graduated into the middle school class at church.  This means they go to a totally different building, and then they can come to big peoples church for the sermon.  Lyric and Cokie are having a hard time with it.  They miss junior church and their old Sunday School class.  Even though Cokie is a near perfect daughter,  I thought she was just trying to get out of big people church.  : - )


DSCN0008

DSCN0011

DSCN0009


DSCN0035


DSCN0033

DSCN0036

DSCN0030

Not sure if Eliot was trying to photo bomb this pic of Lael and Boone, but he succeeded!

DSCN0018
DSCN0029
DSCN0013

DSCN0023

Shepard

DSCN0050

I really liked in today's sermon when the preacher made the point of of how God disciplines us, even wiping out entire nations, to bring us back to Him, and for our own good.   

DSCN0053

Kind of like yesterday when Mike had Shepard do laps around the outside of the house for pinning Pryor down and twisting Pryor's legs.  

DSCN0054

Shepard:  Pryor follows me around all the time.  He copies everything I do. (Pryor really does too)

Me:  Shepard, imitation is the highest form of flattery. 

Stafan:  There is another reason too.

Me:  What?

Stafan:  They don't have a life.  

Me:  LOL  (I really did find it extremely funny)

DSCN0055



DSCN0047

DSCN0046
DSCN0043
DSCN0001

DSCN0007