Ice Cream and Waterfalls

Psalm 84:10

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

DSCN9934

We drove to Cherokee, North Carolina.  It was a real dud.  I have great memories of seeing Indians in the town when I was a kid, but now it appears there is nothing in the town but cheap souvenir shops.  There is a part of the Cherokee Indian Reservation where you can visit a mid-1700s Cherokee village, but they charge a pretty pricey admission fee so we passed.  The girl working the ticket booth was about as authentic as you could ask for.  Her cheekbones, nose and straight black hair left no doubt she was Native American.  She was very pretty.  I don't think it was an accident she was the first person you saw there.


DSCN9933

We stopped at DQ for ice cream.  Now those are larges!

DSCN9958

On the way back, we stopped and hiked (yes, I actually hiked!) to Mingo Falls.  It is a 100 foot waterfall located on the reservation.

DSCN9960

DSCN9936

DSCN9937

DSCN9938

DSCN9939

DSCN9940

Bret is so cute inside and out.  We got her at 4 1/2 y.o. and the God's honest truth is I bonded with her within 5 minutes.  She still has the "way" about her that make people just love her. 

DSCN9944

I have to say this trip was great.  Next year though, I'm thinking water (as in beach, not waterfall).

DSCN9945

DSCN9947

DSCN9948

OMGosh Remi!  Put the cell down!   I'll tell who she texting ALL the time-it is her foster sister that was adopted to Oregon--those two!!   They were together in China for several years.

DSCN9949

DSCN9950

DSCN9959

DSCN9967

DSCN9968