Miss Guangzhou

That's what Mike likes to call Bret since she is from Guangzhou.


DSCN2465

Yesterday Bret was minding her own business, which she usually is, and I decided to annoy her... Bret never annoys anyone.




DSCN2475

Is it bragging if you're just repeating what someone else says? Probably. The other day Bret's school guidance counselor called about what classes Remi should take next year since she is still playing catch up from China. Bret got to know the counselor since about a year ago Bret was on homebound for a semester. I asked her how she thought Bret was doing having to wear the garment and being around her peers. She said "Bret is so smart, pretty and dresses so cute I don't see why she wouldn't do well. Besides, if anyone messes with Bret they'll have to deal with me." I never even told Bret that.

DSCN2477


DSCN2500



DSCN2481


DSCN2487


DSCN2495


DSCN2527


DSCN2521



welcome

We've taken Bret back to china twice. I think this was when we were adopting Cokie and I was "scouting" and spyed Arden.

Sorry in advance, because I started looking at old pictures and went down memory lane. I've been accused by the other kids of letting Bret by with stuff. The truth is Bret is a peace maker and rarely does anything to make me mad.



babybret



bret teeth



Lain Bret  Lyric


MommyandBret
This looks pretty sappy, but I know I didn't pose for it.

mommys girl
This was soon after we got home with Bret. I was worried about how I would bond with an older one. She was 4 1/2 y.o. and even though she only wanted Mike at first she TOTALLY melted my heart the first minute I laid eyes on her. The funny part was I had prayed she would like Mike better than me. I wanted him to want to adopt again. Bret was #4 and he said no more. Boy, did God answer the prayer! Mike would pick her up and she would give me a sly small smile and want me to move away. On the plane ride home out of no where Mike said "Maybe we will do this one more time." That was 6 kids ago.

DSCN1437


DSCN6385


DSCN8473


DSCN8330


DSCN5932


DSCN6009


DSCN6117



DSCN7057


DSCN7166


DSCN7190


DSCN5837


DSCN6645



DSCN4781



DSCN5699