These guys are so much fun and just so stinkin' cute that I wouldn't mind having another one. They are both all boy and a lot alike. Stafan though is into making me happy--and I'm not going to say I don't love that! Shepard is a good boy, but I can't say his first thought is if I'm going to be happy about whatever he is about to do.


DSCN4620

Shepard thought he had come up with a new way to get his way. It is something that I can't see Stafan ever trying. Stafan is just an extra, extra good kid. Shepard is pretty easy going most of the time, but every once in a while he'll do something that makes me mad, or I should say somebody will do something that makes him mad, and then he does something that makes me mad. When I tell him what he is going to do he decides he isn't going to do it. When I go to "make" him do it he'll take his glasses off and starts to throw them! He starts to throw $200 glasses! I'm talking about me holding him down trying to grab the glasses out of his hand. Last time I had to holler "Remi come and get the glasses!!" He never really has thrown them, so I guess he isn't that crazy after all (I hope I didn't just jinx myself).

DSCN4649

Now because he is really good most of the time, part of me wants to laugh. On the other hand, if he ever actually does it, I don't think he or I will be laughing.

DSCN4602

So the last time he threatened to throw his glasses, I started getting it that he wasn't going to stop this latest stunt. I made him pack up all his legos--and let me tell you he loves his legos. In a post-placement visit, our social worker asked Shepard what his favorite thing about coming to America is. Without hesitation, he answered, "legos." Anyway, they are in a downstairs closet until school is out.

DSCN3783

My nephew Eliot.

DSCN3740

Sawyer is Eliot's brother and happens to be spending the night. Eliot has been here a couple of nights, but decided he was ready to go home.


DSCN4452

Shepard loves to help fix things. And I think he is going to have a knack for it (unlike his Dad). A few months back Mike and Shepard were in the attic to put in a new light and fan in the kids' bathroom. Unfortunately, Mike thought he was pulling out the old light and fan in the bathroom, but he pulled out a brand new can light we had just had installed in the boys' bedroom, which is next to the bathroom. Shepard tried to tell Mike he thought they were above his bedroom, but Mike didn't listen. When Mike figured out what he had done, Shepard looked at him and asked, "are we going to have to call Dave?" Dave built our house and still does some repairs and remodeling for us from time to time. Shepard loves Dave.

DSCN4701

This picture shows you how crazy some "boys" can be. We had a guy come out and check out our roof. Mike was getting in the car and I told him to look up there. Mike said, "Oh my gosh, that guy has a death wish!!"