It Is What It Is

Cokie had surgery last week... nothing new there. It went pretty much like the last how many ever we've gone through. I guess once again that puts me out of the running for mommy of the year since I've lost track of how many surgeries my daughter has had. Honestly though, for us, it like this quote I heard:
It is what it is, it's not what it should have been, not what it could have been, it is what it is.
Cokie was burned badly in China and she may have to have surgeries the rest of her life. Right now we are just doing mostly surgeries on her head, but one of her legs is always a concern and as she grows it looks worse.

DSCN5177
DSCN5182

Bret has a surgery coming up so I kept her out of school so she could see the doctor too (Cokie's doctor is the chief burn doctor/plastic surgeon at Riley, and he's done many surgeries on both Cokie and Bret). Cokie's orthopedic doctor even happened to be walking by and stopped and said hello. I told him we had missed her last appointment, and he said he would just check her out right there and then! He is the one, along with her plastic surgeon, who fixed Cokie's foot so she wouldn't be crippled any longer--and I can tell he is proud of that foot! We owe Riley Children's Hospital and the doctors there a lot! 

DSCN5194
DSCN5195

Cokie's rubbing in the scent that she picked to go to sleep by. 

DSCN5201
DSCN5198
DSCN5210

The next thing she knew it was and over and done with. Easy for me to say! 

DSCN5211

Now she is back where she started. 

DSCN5214

Now this was some bandaging technique!! The nurse kept asking me if I wanted the doctor to re-bandage her and I kept saying no it was fine. Mike left to get the car and I had Cokie in her wheelchair and I was out the door when the nurse came chasing after me with the doctor. 

DSCN5223

This was the new and improved bandage!  As soon as we got home she made me cut it off. 

After you're done checking out my blog, please visit some of the sponsors below. Thank you.