School Lunches

Most of the time our kids pack their school lunches since eight lunches per day costs around $320 to $400 per month (even the NY Times is busting Obama's chops about the price of school lunches). Though I'm not sure we're saving that much by packing. Have you seen the price of peanut butter?!!! With eight kids to feed, a jar doesn't last long either. It takes almost a full loaf of bread per day too.

DSCN5230

Well, tonight we went out to dinner with most of the kids. Arden mentioned Stafan added more food to his lunch. I looked at Stafan and asked, "You added more food to your lunch?" Stafan: "Yes. I put an apple in. You didn't have anything healthy in it!" Mike about choked on his burrito laughing. It was sad but true. I had packed him a sandwich, chips, cookie and a diet coke. Really, I don't usually send Coke, but he was going on a field trip and I would have had to walk down a few aisles to get to the juice. I'm auditioning for mommy of the year.


DSCN5229

FYI, folks peanut butter costs are up 27.2 % because of gas prices!

DSCN4642

Stafan

After you're done checking out my blog, please visit some of the sponsors below. Thank you.