My How Things Have Changed.


My how things have changed since my days as a kid. When I was little, we did things like make mud pies to entertain ourselves. And to make a phone call, we had to climb up on a chair to reach the one telephone in our house. And it had a rotary dial, which meant you had to wait what seemed like an eternity between dialing each number (especially if the phone number you were dialing had an 8 or 9 in it, and all of the numbers in our town started with an 8 and a 9). The only thing we did that was even close to being high tech was...hmmm...uh....well....come to think of it, we didn't do anything that was even close to being high tech. Fast forward to the present, where my kids, nephews and nieces spend way too much time texting, gaming and surfing. And I spend more time than I'd like to admit on the computer and cellphone too. On the other hand, the weather was really nice this week, and the kids did play outside a lot too. I enjoyed watching them play "four square" and draw flowers in our driveway with their sidewalk chalk. It is spring break, and we have been doing a whole lot of nothing. Don't get me wrong, we've been doing a lot of running around, enjoying ourselves and visiting with friends. I have my sister's kids here half the time and half the time my kids are at one of my sister's houses. Tonight some of my kids are at good friends' houses. The other night it was after midnight, and I decided to see what my kids were doing. Some were asleep and some were awake. It was pretty comical, so I got my camera out to try and capture some Kodak moments. Hope you are having a fun and relaxing spring break too. Next week, it is back to reality, including surgery for Cokie. Please say a prayer for her.

DSCN4705

Lael and my niece Payton. Who knows what they're doing!


DSCN4707

DSCN4709

DSCN4717

Arden was in the boys' room.

DSCN4714

DSCN4725

My nephew Sawyer.

DSCN4728

DSCN4733

DSCN4735

They were playing games on this TV.

DSCN4720

When you don't want Jeeves to run around the house you just throw him on the top bunk and he can't get down. He likes it up there though as long as the kids are with him.

DSCN4739

The little girls' room look liked this and all their beds were empty.



DSCN4744


DSCN4748


DSCN4749


Bret has another surgery in June. She isn't happy, because it may knock out her camp.



DSCN4755

And I was flipping through my favorite channels. I watch a lot of old shows on INSP. My favorite is "Wind at my Back." I refuse to fill my mind with the trash that is on most of the channels. I'm even watching "The Waltons." It really isn't that bad. : -))) Seriously I love "Wind at my Back."

DSCN4757

I'm addicted to "House Hunters International"!

DSCN4762

But my all time favorite is Fox News. Yes, I like Hannity. And one of the smartest and cutest women out there is Michelle Malkin.

After you're done checking out my blog, please visit some of the sponsors below. Thank you.