Shepard in time out (sort of)

DSCN3911



This was Shepard after we went to dinner tonight. Most the other kids went to watch Remi play basketball, but I made Shepard come home and read. He didn't get much reading done, before he fell asleep. Shepard has a way of pouting when something ticks him off and when his salad came it was with beef instead of chicken. We look at him and he is sitting there quietly, but refusing to eat. Mike tells him to eat it. The next thing we know the waitress feels sorry for him and brings him out chicken. He was already in his mad mood so he barely touches it. Mike actually thinks it's funny and says to me "There's your boy." Mike thinks I baby him too much. : - ) We finally start to leave and Stafan said something to make him madder and he starts kicking Stafan. I grabbed Shepard by the... (not in a politically correct way) and tell him to stop it. Then, he says the "You're not my real mom." Now some people get caught up in how the experts would say to handle this and I'm pretty sure I didn't handle it the way they would say, but it works for me plus, he didn't talk back the rest of the night. My response was "Oh, yeah will I'm the only one you got and if I'm not your real mom then where is your real mom at?" Aah... he may not be a gentleman like Stafan, but I still think he is as cute as ever.