Stafan and Shepard are running cross country this year with their cousins Sawyer, Lacy and Avery. I'm really proud of all of them for sticking with such a tough sport.  (FYI, if you're new here, my son Stafan is the drop dead gorgeous Chinese boy in the back, and my niece Lacy is next to him; Shepard, Sawyer and Avery are not in this picture).

DSCN9132

DSCN9135

Lacy asking Remi, "do these shorts make my butt look fast?"


DSCN9134


DSCN9040


DSCN9039

DSCN9030


DSCN9120

Before they started both schools prayed.  Maybe there is hope for America yet, but we had better get busy!


DSCN9044


DSCN9045


DSCN9048


DSCN9031


DSCN9032


DSCN9114

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Luke 9:26

I'm trying to teach my kids to be comfortable praying in public.  At night they take turns praying out loud before bedtime, and so far it seems to be working.

DSCN9105



Mike is such a supportive Dad.  He goes to most of their games and meets,  and when they need help with their school work (which isn't often), but good thing they have him, because I'm not much help.   Don't get me wrong I want them to do sports, but mainly for the exercise.  And it goes without saying, they had better do well in school.  When people find out how many kids we have (12 in case you're confused--two are married and two are in college) they often ask if I homeschool.  That is a big NO!!!!!  That would scare the kids--they don't trust me, and neither does Mike. 


DSCN9113

 DSCN9112


 DSCN9110



DSCN9109



 DSCN9108



DSCN9116

DSCN9136

Pryor and Boone watching the runners.   They don't look too excited here, because they've both been in the dog house at school.  Since they have been with us one year, their grace period for misbehaving is about up.  Don't get me wrong, they are really easy, great kids most of the time, but that 1% of the time they act up is going to come to an end.

DSCN9139

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. 

Hebrews 12:1-212

 



  




DSCN9041


DSCN9055