Summer chores?







No.  Is our house a complete mess?  No.  Do I pay them?  No.  Do I beg them to help?  No.  Do I discuss or negotiate chores?  No.   Do I do them all myself?  No, no, no.   So how do I do it?  First, I know I am not an expert at all.  However, because people do ask both the kids and me,  I think it is OK to comment on the subject. 

Chores

None of this for me.   I don't have the energy, the time or the desire. 

SummerChoreChartLR


Oh and honestly Mike does not have to do chores around here.   He has too many jobs-that actually make money.   He does cut the grass, but mostly for exercise and because it clears his mind.  Plus, I'm kind of funny about the kids mowing the lawn.  It makes me nervous.  My Aunt cut off her toes off from cutting the grass. 

DSCN7939

Oh what do I do to get them to work?  I threaten, and follow through. 


DSCN7919

Shepard caulked and painted all day, and loved every minute of it.  Shepard is a real handyman.  I mean, how many kids his age know how to caulk.  And he did a great job!  The best part, he actually likes doing these kind of chores, so it is not a chore for me to get him to do handyman work around the house.  Mike, that is a different story.  At dinner Shepard prayed before he ate--I noticed he even thanked God for the great day.  LOL 


DSCN7940

DSCN7939

DSCN7958

Bret worked 3 hours that morning at her real job before she came home and helped us-or I should say them.

DSCN7948

DSCN7962

DSCN7964


DSCN7966

DSCN7969

DSCN7972

DSCN7956



DSCN7977

DSCN7916

DSCN7917

This is a chore too-go read with Pryor and Boone.

DSCN7959

Why is it the bigger the brain they have  (Lyric is in all the advanced classes), the less manual labor they want to do?  Here, Lyric is in time out, because she kept running off.  And she is really good at it too!  She can sneak off REALLY quiet and it is usually an hour before I notice.  Actually,  I usually never notice and the other kids have to tell me.   

DSCN7984

Dinner time when Shepard thanks God for the great day.  : - ))

DSCN7986

Lyric says, "The food in the advertisement never looks as good in real life." 

DSCN7988

BTW,  if American kids got off their butts a little more often Michelle Obama wouldn't /couldn't have such a cow over a kid eating a Big Mac!  Not that it is any of her business to regulate my kids' meals in the first place, but that is another blog.

DSCN7989

This was the funniest part of the day-Boone's melt down.

DSCN7992

He was mad, and we couldn't stop laughing. 


DSCN7993

Every time one kid got up, another one would steal their seat!  Lyric had quickly stole Stafan's.  Stafan was a little ticked, but was getting over it.

DSCN7990

Lyric and everyone else laughing at Boone.

DSCN7998

Yes, Jeeves is the one that stole Boone's seat!