Boy



Boy oh boy!   It is always something when you have 5 boys.

DSCN9947

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Luke 9:26
DSCN7741

I'm teaching my kids to pray, not only before they go to bed, but before they eat.  If they forget to pray before their first bite it is an automatic 10 jumping jacks.  If they argue, which they don't, it is 10 more and so on.    

Scan 140840018

When I was growing up my Grandpa never failed to bow his head before he ate and no one in the family after forgot to pray if they were in front of him.  My Grandpa's reputation was spotless.  He was respected and loved by all his family and friends.  I named Boone "Forrest" after him, my sister named her son Eliot "Baker" after him and my Mom named my brother Michael "Earl" after him.  I'm sure plenty of my cousins were named after him too.  My Grandpa had 10 kids and I know they all cared about what he thought of them.  My Grandpa didn't come from a Christian family.  I think his father was an outlaw and his mother was married 5 times.  That is bad now so can you imagine back then?!!  His mother did accept Jesus on her death bed and believed an angel came to her warning her she was dying.  His parents didn't stop Earl Forrest Baker from being a "real" Christian though.  Two of his sons graduated from Anderson University as pastors.    

DSCN7795

What got me on this story though was Shepard. 

DSCN7785

Shepard is very concerned about where he is going after this life.  Shepard is also concerned about the people he cares about and where they are going.   

DSCN7783

DSCN7775

DSCN7905

DSCN7893

Last week Shepard told me when he prays at lunch in school a boy tells him God is not real.  He didn't seem too concerned about it, but did mention it.  I just told him to ask the boy where he thinks he came from.  Shepard said he did and the boy said from his Mom.  OK,  so the boy isn't a deep thinker. 

DSCN7891

About two days later I got a call from the Principal.  Apparentally, Shepard had taken matters into his own hands.  Can't say what happened, but  I don't think the boy is interrupting Shepard's prayers anymore though.   

DSCN7889

My boys are all boy though. 

DSCN9986