We survived the first week of school.

DSCN1506

I've had a lot of people ask which kids are which, so I'm going to be really ambitious and write their names left to right. Lael, Remi, Bret and Arden.




DSCN1520

Stafan, Shepard, Cokie and Lyric. Four 3rd graders.



DSCN1545




DSCN1527


As soon as they get to school they see cousins of course.



DSCN1523




DSCN1542




DSCN1534



DSCN1539

Then we see one of my best friend's daughter who just graduated from college with a teaching degree. She'll be working at the school this year. Look out Anastasia!



DSCF4612

My youngest sister's two oldest kids, Payton and Eliot.



DSCF4608



DSCF4627

These are her younger three. Darby, Sawyer and Gabrielle.



DSCF4626



DSCN1552

Right off the bat they see their teacher from last year, who they love!!



DSCN1553

Cokie meets her new teacher.




DSCN1562

All my 3rd graders are in different classes. Stafan's teacher wanted Shepard in her class room last year, but I still had to beg to get them together. I thought it only made sense since Shepard knew no English and had to learn a new language and culture. Everything in his life had changed, but hey rules are rules, right??? I'm sure some expert somewhere knows best. : - ))) I guess they ran out of 3rd grade teachers. We walked in the class room and Stafan's desk is right beside his cousin Gabrielle's. Hope it doesn't scar them for life.




DSCN1619

I didn't "find" all my oldest sister's girls, but this is Lacy and Avery.





DSCN1620




DSCN1647

Her oldest from China is Erin (her oldest altogether was born here and just graduated from college).



DSCN1640

Second day! Lael has decided school is boring this year, but Remi liked her first day of middle school. Arden told me one of her assignments was to make a picture and in the center draw a picture and write about the best thing that has ever happened in your life. She drew a cross and told me she was going to write about attending Summit Ministries Christian leadership conference this summer.


DSCN1628
I thought I would be good and let the kids use their book bags awhile longer, then I noticed Lyric's had holes in the bottom. Yeah, an excuse to buy new ones and not feel guilty. How often does that happen? So she didn't get her new bag until the second day of school. I got Cokie one too, but Shepard is already complaining.



DSCN1633



DSCN1634



DSCN1644

This is poor Jeeves at home missing them.



DSCN1645

When we got Jeeves Lyric said, "Finally, you'll have something to do at home while we are gone. One thing I've got to do right now is stop blogging. I need to finish baths, fix lunches and lay out clothes. I'll try and figure out something to do tomorrow.