Zoobilation

DSCN1703


Mike and I went to the zoo last night. We didn't take the kids. We didn't see one animal. We had a blast.

It was a fundraising event the zoo calls "Zoobilation." I was told it is one of the largest one-day fundraising events in the country. From the size of the crowd and the many sponsors, I believe it. But unlike most other stuffy fundraising events I've been to with the typical silent and/or live auction, mediocre dinner and often sub-par entertainment, this was a party! There was a lot of great food and entertainment and a lot of interesting people to check out (actually, some of the people probably aren't all that interesting, but what many of them wore last night sure was).

There was everything to eat from St. Elmo's famous shrimp cocktail (Dennis Miller was even talking about it the other day on his radio show) to Blondie's cookies.

I'll let some of the pictures from last night tell the rest of the story.



DSCN1704
These guys were critiquing outfits and the entrance was set up with a red carpet.
.



DSCN1702
I don't watch the Oscars enough to know what they were suppose to be, but it was cute.


DSCN1728


DSCN1732


DSCN1755


DSCN1757
The guy closest to the camera with his back turned is Mayor Ballard (Mayor of Indianapolis). No way was I going to take is picture from the front.


DSCN1712
Oysters Rockefeller!! I absolutely love Oysters Rockefeller. OK, the truth is I had never even heard of it, but now I'm telling you I love Oysters Rockefeller!!


DSCN1709


DSCN1706
This had tuna in it.


DSCN1752
Everything was out of this world and I ate and ate!


DSCN1734


DSCN1721
Mike and I are forever in love with these cookies. I'm serious!


DSCN1722


DSCN1724
This booth had carrot cake and it was about the only thing of the night I wasn't salivating over. I actually ditched it and went back for more cookies that melted in your mouth.


DSCN1723
Don't get me wrong their carrot cake was fine...say if I made it at home, but not compared to everything else we were eating!


DSCN1707


DSCN1736


DSCN1733


DSCN1761
They had drinks that light up!


DSCN1762


DSCN1763



DSCN1747
Since they had the Oscar theme going I'm going to show just a very few of the worst dress offenders of the night.



DSCN1743
Towards the back you can see Fergie's daughters.


DSCN1708
Are kilts and tuxes with shorts a Hollywood thing?


DSCN1749
Seriously? Then again, I guess we were at the zoo.