Happy Birthday to Me

I'm not saying Mike and/or Arden have done something they are trying to make up for, but they worked awfully hard to give me a special birthday.  And they succeeded.  Thanks guys!  It started first thing in the morning when Mike presented me with chocolates from Godiva--my favorite!

IMG_1506
 
IMG_1508




Birthday notwithstanding, like most mornings, I was ready to hit the ground running and start in on my errands for the day.  So I put my Godivas away for later and started to head out the door.   As I grabbed my keys, Mike stopped me saying, "Arden said you can't leave until 9:00."  Hmmmm.  OK.  Then Arden darted down the stairs and out the door in shorts and boots (in 20 degree weather!).  She came back with these.
 
IMG_1409


IMG_1413

 Arden's cards to me always have the sweetest notes ever.

IMG_1412

Lael gave me a handwritten card too.  Thanks Lael . . . I think.  She might be making fun.

IMG_1504


That night, Mike took me out to dinner at a place I've never been.  NADA!  It is GREAT!  I mean GREAT!

IMG_1460

IMG_1437

After dinner, we headed to the mall, and Mike told me I could buy anything I wanted.  OK . . . now I'm really suspicious!  What have you done Mike!?  It may be the only thing Rahm Emanual and I ever agree on, but I wasn't going to let a good crisis go to waste.  So I bought a new dress to wear to the upcoming wedding of one of my best friend's son.

IMG_1417

I don't care what you did honey . . . as long as you keep making up for it!

IMG_1464

IMG_1463


IMG_1458


Oh man, I loved NADA.

IMG_1435



IMG_1423


IMG_1427



IMG_1473



IMG_1486




IMG_1489

NADA was so good, the very next day, Mike and I met for lunch and ate there again!

Arden came too when her class was finished.  : - )

IMG_1493



IMG_1483

IMG_1485

Almost guiltless donuts holes--the old fashion kind.

IMG_1476

And three cups of coffee.

My day was so nice, that I didn't even care Mike forgot to get me a cake.  I wasn't going to say anything.  I didn't say anything.  But Arden was not happy about it.  She got home from work late that night, and I think she was looking forward to digging into some good birthday cake.

Arden:  "Mom, you didn't get a cake?  We have no cake?!"

Mike:  "I forgot the cake."

Me:  "Don't worry I'll go to Shapiros and pick myself out one."   

And the next day I did.  Happy birthday to me! Black Forest. : - )

IMG_1501



IMG_1502



IMG_1497


And I just heard Arden say:  "The next birthday is mine."