Stinky feet and sin... 




IMG_4852

IMG_4855 

IMG_4851






IMG_4856

IMG_4857


IMG_4860





IMG_4880


Do not cover up their guilt or blot out their sins from your sight, for they have thrown insults in the face of the builders.

Nehemiah 4:5





My older girls are working hard.  Their goal is to graduate debt free from college.  So far, so good.  No government handouts for these girls.  No welfare and so far not even any college loans.  The two that are in college (Lael and Arden) worked hard in high school and were awarded some well-deserved scholarships.  The two coming up behind them (Bret and Remi) appear to be on the right track as well.  They are all hard workers.  They've done or are still doing yard work for local businesses, working for a photographer, working for a caterer, lifeguarding at the town pool, stocking selves, working at the library, tutoring other college students.  And nannying . . . lots of nannying.   They do all this while making As and participating in extracurricular activities like tennis, track, National Honor Society, just to name a few.  

So when a "certain" girl came home and threw herself down on the bed after a 10-hour day, I didn't hold it against her that her feet stunk.  At first, though, I was confused what the smell was.   All the other kids were laying on the floor playing a board came.  Finally, I said "What is that smell?!"  Of course, it turned into laughing and a big joke.  I told her she might let me wash her work shoes.  

I left the room and a minute later clear from my room I smelled cheap perfume.  Again, I yelled "What is that smell?!"  She had sprayed her shoes with it! 
 
And it got me thinking.  That is kind of what a lot of people in our country are doing these days?  Trying to cover up sin with a lot of cheap talk.  And, it doesn't smell any better than trying to cover up sweaty shoes with cheap perfume.  In fact, it doesn't even cover up the original bad smell, it just adds another aroma that makes the smell doubly bad. 
 
My daughter agrees.  This morning I hear, "Moooommmm!  Will you wash my shoes?"