Even I got into it. . . .

. . . at least a little bit.  If you've read my blog much, you know I'm not a sports fan.  But last night, Mike, Stafan, Shepard and I went and watched the Pacers play the Cleveland Cavaliers.  And I liked it.

IMG_0085

Before the game, we ate at the Locker Room Restaurant inside Bankers Life Field House.

IMG_0093

I especially liked that.

IMG_0091

The food is actually pretty good.  But the last time we ate there, I had a roast beef sandwich that was REALLY delicious.  It wasn't on the menu last night.  :(

IMG_0088


IMG_0095


IMG_0097


IMG_0102




IMG_0109

The four of us split a piece of carrot cake for dessert.  After our meals, one piece was plenty for all of us.


IMG_0120

As you can see, we took a detour by the mall before the game.

IMG_0115

When Mike and I said we were going to order carrot cake, Stafan got a really surprised look on his face and asked, "We're going to order a whole cake!?"

IMG_0111


IMG_0122

They call it the Locker Room restaurant, because it is literally right next to the Pacers locker room.  The players ran right by us as we were finishing up our meal.

IMG_0123


IMG_0131
IMG_0129
IMG_0146

 The pre-game festivities are pretty awesome.

IMG_0139

IMG_0141

IMG_0142

The Pacers mascot is pretty awesome too.  He is lowered from the ceiling just before the players are introduced.  He does a lot of entertaining things throughout the night.

 IMG_0167

IMG_0188

Lebron James.  Mike was giving me all the inside information on him.  His nickname is King James . . . started with the Cleveland Cavaliers. . . moved to play in Miami . . . raised in Ohio . . . back to Cleveland . . . yada, yada, yada . . .  I imagine the expression on my face was the same one Mike has when I'm telling him about all the great sales I found at the mall.  I have to admit, though, this video Mike showed me is kind of funny.  Apparently, Lebron wrote an open letter to the people of Cleveland when he decided to go back there.  In this video, this impressionist reads it in the voice of Morgan Freeman.  It's funny, but you won't get it if you haven't seen "The Shawshank Redemption."

IMG_0189


IMG_0190



IMG_0194

He wasn't good enough last night though.  The Pacers won!

IMG_0178

The half-time show was very entertaining.  A group of gymnasts from Chicago.  These guys are incredible athletes in their own right.

IMG_0177

IMG_0175

IMG_0171

IMG_0170

Stafan and Shepard were on the edge of their seats the whole game.

IMG_0165

IMG_0164

IMG_0162

IMG_0157


IMG_0192



IMG_0195


IMG_0201

Cokie's picture is on the wall just inside the main entrance.  We always pay it a visit.

IMG_0203


IMG_0205


IMG_0208

We left our seats early to beat the crowd.  But Mike and the boys insisted on watching the finish of the game from a large screen in the foyer.

IMG_0204