Flashback Friday


Ain't no thing like a Bret Bai Ling. OK, I don't say that, but her dorky Dad says it all the time.
BretBiaLingReferral
Bret's referral picture. Bret was 4 1/2 y.o. when we got her and her special need was burns. I don't know how or when it happened, but I believe she wasn't being watched and she pulled something so hot down on her she almost didn't survive. I had a volunteer from the orphanage tell me she remembered seeing her lying in the orphanage and they didn't know if she would make it or not.
Bret Bai Ling
When we got Bret we had never adopted one this old before, and I had no idea how I was going to feel. We walked in the room where she was sitting on the orphanage director's lap. She sat there softly sobbing. She wanted no part in going away with these two complete strangers. I took one look at her heart breaking and it made mine break too. I instantly fell in love with her and thought she was the cutest thing I ever saw. We both sit there crying for about 20 minutes.  The director finally gave up, because Bret wasn't going to stop crying.  We took Bret by the hand  and she was forever  ours. 
Lain Bret  LyricThis story kind of surprised me, but last week Mike took the kids to a college campus for NEVER2YOUNG. It was an event for middle schoolers for Christ. He said after the concert Bret was leading the way, but she was going the wrong way. She got way ahead so he yelled for her to come back. I think she "may" have gotten a little assertive. After all, her pride was at stake. Mike said he told Remi "man she is cocky." Remi says "Yeah, she is the only one allowed to talk back to Mom."
Arden, Bret, Lyric and Cokie.

rehersalBretLain
bretcatching
Bret at the Atlantic
Bret Payton Arden and Bret

princess Bret

whit bret

Bret sleeping

DSCN1066

LowRes_5672479700230

LowRes_5672479700222





Bret report card-1

And this is the way her report card always looks.