IMG_9037

My belated New Year's Resolution is to study the book of Revelation with the kids! 

IMG_9032


LIVE IN THE MOMENT, but you had better PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE--the after life. 


IMG_9039


When we visited China last spring we became friends with a man named Mr Zu.  He lives in Wuhan,  Lael's birth city.  Mr Zu wasn't an ordinary man.  He not only picked us up at the Wuhan train station, but he took us to the Ramada Hotel and then paid for it!  He proceeded to provide us three fantastic meals a day.  That wasn't all.  He paid for everything else from sight seeing to souvenirs! 

But since we arrived home our friendship turned into something special.  The Chinese woman who introduced us, set up a WeChat group for us all.  We have five members on our China-US group.  WeChat translates!  Sometimes though Mr Zu does write in decent English.  We chat several times a week and discuss anything from Jesus to danish!  Election night we even watched the polls together all night long.  BTW, very interesting to hear the opinion of a self-proclaimed Communist to a self-pro claimed narrow minded conservation like me.  I'm exaggerating about me--sort of.  Some how we make it work.  LOL

I say all this to show you the sweet New Year's poem Mr Zu sent to our little China-US WeChat group.


Sent from my mobile.
_____________________________________________________________

這首英文詩寫得太妙了。



How Can You "SM_LE" Without "I" ?
How Can You Be "F_NE" Without "I" ?
How Can You "W_SH" Without "I" ?
How Can You Be "N_CE" Without "I" ?
How Can You Be a "FR_END" Without "I" ?
So "I" Am Very Important!
But How Can I Achieve "S_CCESS" Without "U" ?
How Can I "LA_GH" Without 'U'?
How Can I Drink A "C_P" of Tea or Coffee Without "U"?
How Can I Enjoy The "S_NSHINE" Without "U"?
How Can I Have "F_N" Without "U"?
And That Makes "U" More Important Than "I"!
U and I work together to achieve great things... 

Thanks for being there for me throughout the YEAR 2016. Hope we continue in 2017.

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND BEST WISHES!
 
 
 




IMG_4226

Mr Zu and Mike!

IMG_3881

 Mr Zu and his lovely wife.  She is from Guangzhou like Arden.

IMG_4236



IMG_4438



IMG_4217

Eating at the top of the Ramada. 

IMG_4203



IMG_4204



IMG_4196

IMG_4199



IMG_4213


What I ate compared to Lael and Arden.  Ha! 

IMG_4099

IMG_4013


Mr Zu took us to Wuhan University and we had lunch with a couple of his professor friends.  The young man was his colleague.  He was nice enough to drive us around while we were there.  He didn't speak English, but Arden translated.  Later I was told, "Mr Zu said you did not  lie.  Arden could speak very good Chinese." 



IMG_4016


IMG_4015



This young girl is now on our China-US WeChat group.  Her Uncle is to the left of her and one of the professors.  She is in college there.  She often lies low on our group, but then will suddenly speak up!  I'm thinking she is listening after all.    








IMG_4017


IMG_3982



Mr Zu's friend and also a doctor at the nursing school we visited.  Since, Lael is in nursing school she was so excited to visit the nursing school in the city she was born.   

IMG_3979

IMG_3964

Mr Zu took Lael to her orphanage.  She left there almost 20 years ago.  Now she is about to become an RN.  : - )  Thank you Jesus!



IMG_4152

At Lael's request, Mr Zu found Lael's abandonment sight for her! 







IMG_4108



IMG_4104



IMG_4089



IMG_4071



IMG_3862