When you adopt an older boy be very cautious.  You just never know how they'll turn out!  They could turn out like my Shepard!  When we got Shepard at 8 y.o.  from Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, he was sick because of his two front teeth being broken off.  No one had bothered to have them fixed.  His gums were so infected he had started running a fever.  Shepard told me one time he got sick from eating out of a trash can and they sent him to the hospital.  Shepard was as angry as Dr. Ben Caron was as a boy.  Anyway...  Shepard has been with us since 2010.


IMG_0642

Celebrate!! 

IMG_0632

The next Dr. Ben Carson!


IMG_0637

Every night before bed Shepard comes in my room and gives me a big hug!  That is right after he asks me if his outfit matches for school the next day.  I love this boy!!  He better get a good wife.  : - )

Scan 160270002Scan 160270000





Scan 160270003


Shepard was not happy they used last year's school picture.  Why did they do that?

DSCN3350

Shortly after Shepard arrived home.

DSCN3356


DSCN3361


DSCN3344


Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.  

Isaiah 43:5-7