Our town

Wikipedia (which I hear is not always accurate) says this about Plainfield:

The school's mascot, the Quaker, is a tribute to Plainfield's Quaker founders.  Many of the churches in the Plainfield area are Quaker churches, including the oldest Quaker church in Plainfield, the Friendswood Church. The schools system recently opened the new $103 million high school, completing the system wide school shuffle.  The school was the last school in the state to have built a new school without voting with the town, causing a tax increase in the area. In March 2008 PHS hosted then-democratic candidate for president Barack Obama as he spoke during his run for presidency.



The part about Obama visting Plainfield High School is true.  I remember it well.  



IMG_0001c


IMG_0001d

Whitney did not vote for him.  She wore this because she had a press pass (look at the very bottom of the tag).  Whitney was one of two people in Indiana chosen by MTV to cover the 2008 presidential campaign in our state.  She flew to New York for training with all the other young people covering the campaign (two from each state).  It was a cool opportunity.  But I wasn't thrilled about her working for MTV, and I certainly wasn't thrilled about seeing her wearing Obama's slogan. 

IMG_3478Well, desperate times call for desperate actions.  I hate bumper stickers.  Never had one in my life.  But, sweet Lael knew I wanted this one and ordered it for me.  I stuck on my car my very first bumper sticker.  That is how much I admire this man and would love to see him elected president. 

IMG_3481It only took about two days before this happened.  Someone keyed my car!

So, who would have been so mad about this guy that they committed a crime?  A democrat?  I really doubt it.  My guess is an idiot, uneducated, Obama hater who literally doesn't have enough brains to look past the color of Dr. Carson's skin, because skin color is probably the only thing Obama and Ben Carson share in common.  Nevertheless, I'll probably be getting a lot more key scratches, so meanwhile I will be parking where I see security cameras!