Cokie and Some Guy Named Lebron

Bankers Life Fieldhouse.DSCN6255
I'm going to tell you all about the Pacers and their game last night, even though I know nothing about sports--so bear with me. Everything I'm about to tell you is just what I remember Mike talking about during the game (I was trying to pretend I care). : - )  OK, the Pacers are in the playoffs and people here in Indy are actually starting to like them again.  But it's not because we are fair weather fans.  It's because ever since Reggie Miller retired, we've had some really disturbing wackos playing for the Pacers.  We had some guy who changed his name to Something World Peace but still acts like a thug.  I mean who is going to pay good money to go see him?  So anyway, the Pacers are fun again and they are in the playoffs with a team everyone (except people in Miami) hate.  They have some guy named Lebron and two other guys who are really good--but one of the other guys is hurt.  Unfortunately, Lebron and the other guy who is really good but not hurt pretty much kicked the Pacers butts last night.  Oh yeah, one more thing--apparently the NBA is really into equal opportunity--because Mike kept talking about how the refs are all blind.
DSCN6249
The game was exciting and fun. People were screaming, clapping and all eyes were on the players (except for the refs, because they are blind).  But all I could think about was, "what would happen if people got this excited about Jesus?" I think I know. If Americans would get this excited about Jesus, I think all of this country's problems and issues would literally disappear... sighDSCN6256
DSCN6233
The ESPN camera man was right by our seats.
Honestly, since I'm so into the sports (not) I watched him half the game. They also had this wicked camera that moved all over in the air by itself... it was on some kind of string of course, but I thought it was kind of creepy.  It made me think of the government flying drones with hidden cameras over my house to spy on me.  Hey, basketball games are long--and when you're not into it, you have a lot of time to think--sort of like mowing the lawn.
DSCN6244
Mike took this picture, so when I was just now looking at my pictures I knew he must be an important player--probably that Lebron guy.  LOL
DSCN6263
We only had 3 tickets and it is a long story how Cokie ended up getting to go. Long story short, the older kids had exams this week. Cokie had a blast and now that Shepard saw the pictures he is begging to go next time. Lyric says she doesn't want to ever go unless Cokie, Stafan and Shepard can be with her or she'll be bored. Ha--and the experts would tell you to never adopt four the same age. Let me tell you my four 3rd graders (soon to be 4th graders) love hanging out together and all being the same age.
DSCN6262
Poor Mike... I'm not a fun date when it comes to sports. With me it is mainly about the food and what the kids and me are wearing. He told me early on he wasn't leaving early and if I wanted to, I could walk over to the mall. The mall closed early on Sunday and I bet he knew it.
DSCN6269
DSCN6270
DSCN6268
Cokie liked the food and what she was wearing.  She surprised me, because she got really into the game!
DSCN4697
We actually stopped by the Fieldhouse the other day and took this picture of Cokie on the wall. If you happen to be there, her picture is above the drinking fountain right before you walk into the gymnasium.