Warm weather is here!!



DSCN4383

Lael said: "All the other kids ran off! Cokie is the only one that likes me, right Cokie?" Cokie: "Yep." I don't think she meant to slam Lael.

DSCN4382
DSCN4371


This picture is amusing to me. When we first saw Cokie and were trying to adopt her, I had several people say things like, "She may be a lot of work." They said this because her legs had been so badly burned she was crippled. I think it was rather stupid of them to think we hadn't thought that far ahead. Either way, Mike and I had already fallen for her and wanted her desperately.

5.03.050002


I found this picture of Cokie the other day. It was taken in China by Susanne who is with Hopeful Hearts. Susanne is a German woman, but was living in Nanjing. She is the one that found Cokie in the orphanage and put her in a good hospital. She got her several surgeries before we got her.





DSCN4380


Don't tell the other kids, but Cokie may be the easiest kid we got!


DSCN4379

DSCN4376



DSCN4384