I'm getting so good at this! : - )

OK, that is supposed to be a joke. If you're wondering how I can make light of a surgery, well you can when you have as many as my kids have. If we're not at Riley Children's Hospital having surgeries or getting the kids desensitization or some other treatment then we are doing something like getting wisdom teeth pulled out. This morning we were up at 4:00 am and about 100 stitches later we were back home by noon.



DSCN3074



DSCN3046

Stafan went with us to Cokie's surgery, because while she was in surgery on the 3rd floor, Mike was taking Stafan to the 2nd floor having his weekly wasp and hornet Desensitization treatments. They told me they have only 3 patients getting treated for this. He gets 4 shots every week for the next couple of months and gradually over the next couple of years it lessens.


DSCN1064

This is what Stafan's arm looked like when they were testing to find out what caused him to have to spend the night in ICU. I can say a lot of things about my life, but boring isn't one of them.


DSCN1068



DSCN3049



DSCN3059

Be Still My Heart... Cokie is so cute.




DSCN3064

Bret made the card Cokie is holding for their doctor. Do you think I should have combed my hair? Did I mention we got up at 4:00 am?




DSCN3067

Cokie got to decorate her own mask.




DSCN3072

Check Mike out in the background. : - ) Apparently, he doesn't need a gas mask to go to sleep.



DSCN3070

Cokie's pinky was burnt off in the fire--her SN was burns.




DSCN3099



DSCN3104

This is where I get down right cocky! Our plan was for me to stay with Cokie and Mike to run Stafan back to school after Stafan's desensitization treatment was done. Instead, I pleaded with the nurse to get Cokie out ASAP so Mike wouldn't have to take Stafan to school and then drive right back to the hospital.



DSCN3114

Lyric got home from school and ran in to check Cokie out. These girls couldn't be much closer even though Cokie is quiet and Lyric is NOT.



DSCN3129

Around here one surgery equals one frappuccino--whether you want it or not.



DSCN3151



DSCN3156